Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 9, 2012

Today the sun was shining. Actually it has been shining now for five days. We get lots of rain. I love the rain, it keeps everything so green and pretty. But there comes a time when the sun needs to shine! Because the sun shines I have to water the flowers. This is a huge task for me not because there are lots and lots of flowers - but because of the responsibility to make sure I reach each and every flower. I love flowers and it pleases me so much when I see the beautiful blooms all around my house. This little gift from my Heavenly Father brings me great joy! I love that among the thorns and thistles there are beautiful blooms. So it is with my life, it is filled with thorns and thistles but I am surrounded by beautiful blooms. All I need to do is look for them. I need to recognize the beauty around me and find joy in blooms. Today was hard for me - a lot of thorns were thrown my way - but I choose to see the blooms! Today mattered because Heavenly Father wanted to bless me with beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment