Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday - September 25

Today this mixer and I had a date. I made chocolate chip cookies. Not so unusual you might say, but it has been way too long since I have made cookies. As I was mixing the dough children kept coming by and asking, "What are you doing? "What do you think?" I would say. To which they would reply, "Looks like you are making cookies". "Very good", I would say thinking to myself what smart children I have. But then would come the next question. "Why?" "Do I need a reason why?" "Guess not, just that I didn't think you remembered how to make cookies!". Ouch! That hurt. It really has been way to long since I baked. I am going to change that and at least once a week bake something. Just the smell of something baking when they come home from school would be a treat for them. Today mattered because I took the time to bake something for the little people I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment