Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wednesday - September 23

Today I taught piano lessons. I do this two days a week. A couple of my students are a little challenging to teach. They have some things that make it hard for them to play. Today as I was playing a duet with one of the kids I realized that three years ago he was told he would never play the piano. He physically would not be able too. Well, he proved everyone wrong. I did not know if I would be able to teach him but he was willing to learn. It has been a slow process but as he played a church song today with me my heart sang! What a joy to be able to bring music into people's lives. He will never be a Mozart but he is to me a kid who mattered enough to try to give him a gift. Today mattered because I shared a gift with someone who now can share with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment