Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday - September 29

Today this little table was dressed for company. A sweet friend came and got me and we picked Miss Autumn up from school and then visited a couple of our favorite little shops in town. It was fun to go with Jenn and her two little girls. Then we headed to my house for lunch. I fixed a chicken salad and pasta salad and smoothies. For the little girls we fixed turkey and cheese sandwiches and grapes. They enjoyed the smoothies as well. It was great fun to have company for lunch. I think we had a delightful time. The girls played well together and we enjoyed each other's company. The funnest part for me was dressing this little table. I have not used it yet to eat off of. I have done other things on the table - sewing, crafting, beading, but no eating - that is until today. Afterwards Autumn asked me why the big ladies had such a "fancy" lunch and the little girls had the "fun" lunch. When I asked her if she wished she had the "fancy " lunch she said , "Oh no, our lunch was much better than yours - I like it when we have company." I like it when we have company too! Today mattered because I got to enjoy the friendship of a sweet friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment