Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wednesday - September 30

This little girl had to do a lot of things by herself today. I had a lot of last minute bazaar projects to get finish. She kept asking me and asking me to play with her, to cuddle with her, to read to her. "Not now honey, I have so much to do" was the answer she kept getting from me. I bribed her with her favorite TV shows, treats, and whatever she wanted for lunch. I even got out a hard math sheet for her to do. (She just laughed when I told her it was probably too hard - and then said, "What you don't think I know what 11 - 2 is? It's 9 duh!) Still that would only occupy her for a short time. At one point I looked over at her and thought, "She is not going to be asking me to play with her for very much longer. Soon, all too soon, she will not share with me all her thoughts and dreams. I need to stop now and take time with her.". Well, I put my stuff aside and scooped her up in my arms and we had some very good cuddly time. We read, played, shared and then soon she was sleepy and took a short nap. Today mattered because I set aside my busy schedule and held this last little child of mine. She helped me see where my treasure really lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment