Sunday, October 18, 2009

Friday - October 16

I started today out with an eight mile run. The morning was just beautiful. Everywhere I looked the leaves were changing on the trees and the sun was shining so beautifully on things. It was just the right temperature outside for running a long run. I kept thinking of how wonderful all things in my life are and how blessed I am to have David in my life. After my run my day got very crazy. Kids needed this or that. I had errands to run. Birthday present to buy. Sewing class to go to. I did not get to stay at my class. Paige needed me. So I left feeling very frustrated at that the whole day seemed to go downhill after my beautiful morning. Then David called about 4:00 in the afternoon. He asked me out on a date. How sweet. It had been a long time since we had actually gone out to dinner. I told him that it would be fun and that I had a bridal shower to go to but he should call me there when he got home and cleaned up. So at around 7:30 that evening he picked me at the shower and off we went to dinner. What a nice evening we had together. We talked uninterrupted for an hour. After such a weird day to have it end with my husband telling me how much he loved me made all the craziness all seem worthwhile. Today mattered because despite all the stresses it brought at the end of the day what mattered most was being with the love of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment