Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday - October 5

We got home from Utah very very late last night. The children were all in bed and the house was so quiet. Even though David and I were very tired from our long drive we still had to get the kids up and ready for school. The girls all need to shower and that added extra getting ready time to our all ready busy morning. During the whole bath time Autumn kept saying, "Mom, read me a story. I have it all picked out." To which I replied, "Honey we don't have time this morning. We are very busy. I will read when you get home from school." This was not making her happy at all. While I was ironing their clothes she came in with book in hand and said, "Mom, I don't need you to read the whole thing. Just open it up. Please, just open it up." I stopped for a moment and thought what is up with this little one this morning? I did take the book though and opened to the page she wanted me to. Out fell this picture. "Mom that is you and me. Do you like the bird? I know you like birds, what am I saying? Mom, do you like our heads? I worked hard on them. I know I made them black but I wanted them really really round. Do you love it? Do you love me?" Wow! What can I say but this little one constantly is reminding me of what is important. Not the ironing. Not the hustle of a busy morning. Not the lets get out the door looking good. It is that the children themselves are important. Look how she sees herself. Look at that smile on that picture! She is happy. I am happy. Today mattered because as you stop and look at things as they are there is lots to be happy about!

No comments:

Post a Comment