Sunday, October 11, 2009

Friday - October 9

President Hinckley taught us some very good values to live by. He gave a talk to the youth a few years ago and talked about the six "B"s to live by. Since that talk he added six more. I have reminders around my house for me to see everyday. One of them is to "Be Kind". Today I felt like I was kind. I really listened to a friend and could see she needed extra kindness passed her way today. She was having a hard day. I kept thinking what could I do to make her smile. I know flowers always make me smile. So I put together a small bouquet of fall flowers in an old canning jar. I just dropped them off on her doorstep with a note. It was supposed to be anonymous. But later that after noon she called and I had to say Yes I did leave the flowers. We talked some more. I am grateful for a couple of things today. Number one that everyday I see some words of our prophet. That those words are becoming who I am and that my friend could smile even though today was not a happy day for her. Today mattered because I took the time to make someone smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment