Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Monday - November 16

Today my friends from Portland came to spend a few days with me at the beach. My family went home last night and they came in late last night. We plan on spending our time crafting and shopping. I needed sometime to myself. I needed to reflect and ponder on some of the things going on right now with Paige. It is hard for me. Getting away every once in a while like this helps me to be better with my other children when I am having a hard time with one of them. It takes my mind off of things for a while and lets it rest. This picture is not one I took, but it reflects to me the beauty of where I am right now. I have never seen a sunset like this but I have experienced many sunsets in my life. Some darker than others. When I think of Paige I wonder about what kind of sunset she sees or if she even sees them at all. You have to looking at just the right time to see images like this one - your eyes have to be fixed on it or you miss it. Several times I have said to David I will be right there, just a minute. When I get outside it is gone. It is over and the darkness is all that is left. I love that last little bit of light as the sun is going down. I have faith that the light will always return in just a few hours. I have the same kind of faith and hope that Paige will return. Today mattered because I shared time with friends and took the time to look at the end of the day to last bit of light and thanked Heavenly Father for the knowledge that the light would come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment