Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday - November 5

After yesterday I just wanted to stop being a mother for a while. But I can't really do that seeing as that is really what I love being the most. The Lord really knows how to take care of me. Usually after a really hard time with Paige I get some little gems of time with some of my other kids. Today it was Chad who got me. After school he had to take a test and I had to wait for a while. While waiting I talked with some of the kids friends. It was a nice chat. Teenagers who are focused and know what they want. While driving home Chad shared about his day with me and when I got to the driveway we just sat there ant talked. It was about a 50 minute talk. Everything from what he did at school to assignments he was working on - the latest update on the problems the kids are having publishing articles in the school newspaper - and what he had planned for the weekend. This boy is focused and so goal oriented. Toshia was a lot like that. It has gotten her very far - I know that Chad is going to accomplish great things if he keeps his focus. He has made some mistakes - all teenagers do - but he learns from them and I think tries to grow and become better from them. Today mattered because I realized how important mothering is not just on good days like today - but on the hard days like yesterday. This mother bird is still building the nest and learning how to teach them to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment